Friday, July 13, 2007

Memories, our belief system (Right or Wrong?)

Part 2

Our memories, a wicked self -preservation.

We spoke of a self - preservation that leaves one feeling rejected, vulnerable and discounted. This type of self' - preservation becomes unforgiving in relationships when one person's belief system, based on their memories and their right and wrong, are forced upon another. During this type of disharmony each one is waging memory against memory all in the name of right or wrong -- their own self-preservation.

Equally painful and discounting are the sneers, jeers and accusations of self seeking participants in this war of memories as they too use their own belief system for their own validation. It's the perfect crescendo, their chiming in to the existing disharmony, that will add fuel to each one's cause.

Memories - our belief system, is it right or wrong? A few self- examining questions could restore harmony.

1. Can my memory be confirmed in a tangible way by another or evidence?

2. Am I isolating my memory to empirical evidence alone, or am I using interpretation to form a memory?

If restorative actions are required after finding Biblical answers to the questions it is appropriate to seek or give forgiveness and restitution to a person's "personhood".

Enjoyed "self-preservation" can only by obtained in truth. "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32

No comments:

Welcome!!!

It's not a coincidence. I truly believe you were meant to be here. Thank you for spending some time with me discovering the small but important things. In this blog I share my thoughts on family, friends, trials and triumphs. You will find links and thoughts that are dear to my heart as I grow daily in being a Godly wife, mother, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, home school novice and friend.