Friday, July 13, 2007

Memories, our belief system (Right or Wrong?)

Part 1

We all have been shaped by our genes, environment, past and convictions. Our molding is predicated on that belief system that formed from that shaping. We see our moldings from our belief system as right or wrong; albeit right or wrong.

From earlier on in our character formation we accept or reject those things from our lives and past and claim them as a part of our "personhood". I see this in my own children.

It's those aspects of our moldings that determines our memories. Yes, what we accept as right or wrong will be what defines us and what our memories are comprised. It is our memories that hold or define our pursuit for maintaining or claiming who we are. This too, I see in my own family. Please follow me on this.

When the memories that have been branded as our personal banner serve as our validation those aspects of our "personhood" becomes our reality. Those realities may be far from being validated and/ or it may be full of omissions by those who would know best. Nevertheless, we hold on to those memories as our own self-preservation. The funny thing about self-preservation is that everyone does it.

When driven on memories, many times within families this self-preservation creates disharmony. Furthermore, the case for preserving each one's personhood never preserves bilaterally. While one has victory in self-preservation; someone else is left with a unsettled resolve of not being validated, rejected, discounted and vulnerable. All for the sake of memories, what each has chosen to remember. Is it right or wrong?

No comments:

Welcome!!!

It's not a coincidence. I truly believe you were meant to be here. Thank you for spending some time with me discovering the small but important things. In this blog I share my thoughts on family, friends, trials and triumphs. You will find links and thoughts that are dear to my heart as I grow daily in being a Godly wife, mother, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, home school novice and friend.