Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dumplings and Tortillas



I did it. Yes, with the help of my kids - we did it. Last night we tried our hand at Chicken and Dumpling using an online copycat version. We simplified it quite a bit by using chicken breast and a little cornstarch to thicken. The kids enjoyed cutting the strips of dough and preparing the dinner.

My mother in love (my husband's mother) absolutely loves chicken and dumpling so it was only natural to prepare a little care package for my husband to drop of to her on the way to work. I called her and she was raving about how good it was.

In return, she sent us one of her specialities - a strawberry on strawberry double layer cake. Oh my, it was delicious. Okay, I did cut it tonight. I'll share with the kids tomorrow.

And then there were the home-made tortillas we made tonight. We were going to stop with just buttered tortillas and a salad but the inspiration was there so we rolled out a full Mexican fare with ground turkey enchiladas, cream cheese black beans mixed with sweet corn and couscous. I did make the salad but in the end we forgot to add it to the table. Well, we'll have it tomorrow.

No comments:

Welcome!!!

It's not a coincidence. I truly believe you were meant to be here. Thank you for spending some time with me discovering the small but important things. In this blog I share my thoughts on family, friends, trials and triumphs. You will find links and thoughts that are dear to my heart as I grow daily in being a Godly wife, mother, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, home school novice and friend.