Monday, February 9, 2009

What language are you fluent in?

I Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Recently I have had some communication issues with someone very close to me. It just seemed that at every opportunity for harmony there was a battle. It's quite funny because the battle never seemed to directed at me personally, but it was tension nonetheless.

Well, yesterday there was true harmony and heartfelt communication. I immediately scanned the environment and happenings all around us hoping to duplicate it for the future. It seemed too simple, too trivial. It was all about showing love.

This morning my daily devotion was on I Corinthians 13. We all know this one. It's the love chapter. It's one I had studied in depth with my husband and Pastor Skepple during our premarital counseling. For some reason, I'm not sure of the origin of my thoughts, I'd only made the connection of this chapter in my relation with my husband. But, the connection with those outside my marriage didn't always experience this unconditional love that I was commanded to express. How did I miss the importance of this unconditional love with others.

I thank my Lord and Savior for providing a universal language that we should all be fluent in, and with all people. I also thank Him for making the connection with events of yesterday with my daily reading today. God is so timely.

My unfavorable situation with my love one changed yesterday with a simle hug. Yes, it was simple and seemingly trivial at the time. However, it was just what I was commanded to do and the relationship is all the better for it.

Hugs are universal. This language is understood and accepted by all.

No comments:

Welcome!!!

It's not a coincidence. I truly believe you were meant to be here. Thank you for spending some time with me discovering the small but important things. In this blog I share my thoughts on family, friends, trials and triumphs. You will find links and thoughts that are dear to my heart as I grow daily in being a Godly wife, mother, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, home school novice and friend.