Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of Homeschooling

Today was the first day of homeschooling with my 13 year old, and two 4 year olds. All the planning and preparation really helped keep things flowing as I shuffled back and forth between them.

Upon reading my devotion on 1 Corinthians 13 this morning I had redirected my thought pattern from expecting poor results from my 13 year old who did not want to be homeschooled to a more loving thought of "love believes, love hopes and love endures all things". Through the power of the Holy Spirit I saw my hopes and beliefs what how wonderful this situation could be become a reality.

The most cherished memory from today was watching my normally too busy teenager pitch baseballs to my 4 year old as he loved every minute of playing baseball with his big brother. It was priceless. The memory of me also pitching balls to both boys in the middle of a "school day" is equally priceless.

My 13 year old just informed me that he has cleaned his area and turned in all his work. I off to grading. I love it.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

So glad to hear that your first day went well. Those moments watching your kiddos together are priceless.

Love the new look! Did you do it? It's great!

Also...love the hair :)

Welcome!!!

It's not a coincidence. I truly believe you were meant to be here. Thank you for spending some time with me discovering the small but important things. In this blog I share my thoughts on family, friends, trials and triumphs. You will find links and thoughts that are dear to my heart as I grow daily in being a Godly wife, mother, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, home school novice and friend.